March 18, 2020 COVID-19 Update (Click Link to open as pdf)
March 18, 2020 - Cup Church COVID-19 Update
Cast all your anxiety on God, for he cares for you. - 1 Peter 5:7
Worship online-only for next two Sundays; group meetings cancelled through March 31
Dear Cup family and friends,
As all of you know, the response to the coronavirus pandemic has been changing rapidly. Last week, we were told to keep group gatherings under 250 people, now that number has dropped to group gatherings no larger than 10. In an effort to be good citizens both in our country and toward the Lord, the Cup EPC session has made the following decisions:
- We will not be holding worship services together for the next two Sundays (March 22 and 29). We will reevaluate the situation at that time for April.
- No church group activities will be held in the building during the rest of March. We have also cancelled the Seder meal scheduled for April 7.
- We are allowing Christian Counseling Associates to continue to use the building at this time, with the understanding that they are observing the current COVID-19 restrictions on gatherings.
We are currently allowing NA to continue to meet, provided they to observe the COVID-19 restrictions on group size, spacing, and cleansing following their meetings. All other groups are not to use the building through the rest of March.
- We will be posting a sermon and at least part of a worship service on the church webpage (cupepc.org). We are working out the details and will post these as they are worked out, but we are confident that much of our Sunday worship can be presented for you to join in online.
- We are encouraging our Elders to be in communication with our members and regular visitors, and I hope we can ALL be looking for ways to talk, email, or write to each other. Certainly, our older members need this, but many others are also facing difficult circumstances with jobs, health, or boredom. Let’s find ways to serve and bless each other!
- I am posting short devotional videos on my personal Facebook page, at least through the rest of Lent. Feel free to look at those, or ‘friend’ me if you haven’t done so already.
- WE HAVE ORDERED THE EASTER FLOWERS. Our hope is that we will be celebrating the Lord’s resurrection together on April 12, but even if we are not, we will have your flowers available for pick up on that weekend.
We will get through this together! God is still in charge, and I’ve already seen ways in which this challenging experience is bringing some people closer to each other – and to the Lord!
You can still reach us at the church office (724-843-1594).