May 18th 2021 – CUP Church COVID-19 Update
May 20, 2021
Dear Cup family and friends,
At the May 18 Session meeting, our Ruling Elders, considering the latest CDC recommendations
as well as information in our own county regarding dropping numbers of Covid-19 cases are
making the following policy changes:
- Starting on June 6, 2021, masks will be optional in the sanctuary and in the rest of the
building. There will not be designated sections for masking or non-masking in the
sanctuary, but please continue to be sensitive and respectful of others around you!
- Seating the in the sanctuary will continue to be organized using social distancing.
- Communion will continue to be offered using the individual sanitized containers through
at least August 1.
- Our worship service will continue in its current format. The possibility of adding more
congregational singing to the service will be considered as we continue to monitor the
Covid case load in our area.
- Vacation Bible School will be using masks and/or social distancing for those portions of
VBS that are indoors. Please check our VBS registration page on the website for more
The church has done a tremendous job of working together through the 15 months we have
faced this pandemic. Thank you for ‘bearing with one another in love’ (Ephesians 4:2), and
may we do so more than ever as we are (hopefully) reaching the final stages of this journey!
Pastor Scott and the Cup Session